Wednesday, April 28, 2010

One more time....

Next up was telling my brother and my Dad’s family. I called my brother first. Since my brother is not a phone person I knew I had to get straight to the point. We had a little small talk and then I told him wasn’t feeling well. He proceeded to tell me he was sick too. I'm guessing not the same kind of sick as me! I followed up with ‘but I am sick with morning sickness’. To which he quickly replied ‘oh that is why you are calling me’. Can I not call my brother just to see how he is? Apparently not.

Next up was my Dad’s family. I thought I had things under control, but it turned out that I did not. My plan was to send them the picture of Grady in his big brother shirt. What I did not do was upload the picture to send before I made the call. So while I am on the phone with them I had to rush into the computer room to send the email. In the meantime Grady is crying in the family room and I had to abort email and tend to him. He was so upset I had to hang up the phone and calm him down. All it took was a little ‘Waybuloo’ on TV and he was good to go. So back to the computer room to get the job done. I sent the email and called them back.

I was on speaker phone which was nice and I kept asking Kolby if the picture had arrived yet and of course it hadn’t. Now I am starting to worry that Grady will freak out again and I’ll have to hang up again before they even get the picture! Thankfully that did not happen. They opened the picture and figured it out quicker than the other grandparents.

Apparently I am a creature of routine. Sheila (my step mom) said she was suspicious already just judging by the timing of my call. It was just before 6pm on a Tuesday, which I agree is not my normal weekend call. When I started asking repeatedly about the picture she was pretty sure. And of course she was right!

I then made a quick call to Blaire who was at school waiting for her next class. I had to promptly get off the phone when Grady had a minor freak out. He crawled behind the couch and got stuck.

And with that being said and done... all the immediate family knew our news.

Good thing we got that basement developed for all the visitors we expect later this year!!!

No comments: