Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Style Me Pretty Fall Challenge - Week 1




Deena | Christy | Jordan | Carrie C. | Shaunacey | Danielle | Beth | Joy | Sarah | 
Leslie | Katie | Jennifer | Carrie M. | Lisa  | Sheila | Lana | Lauren | Anna | Alison

Call me crazy, but I'm addicted to these challenges.  I love that someone else tells me what to wear and that it makes me put together outfits that I wouldn't have put thought of otherwise.

Day 1 -  Striped Top + Boyfriend Jeans + Tassel Necklace + Ankle Boots


I found this to be an easy, go-to outfit, for me.  Great way to start the challenge on thanksgiving holiday Monday!  We spent the day at the rec center skating and swimming.  While I would usually have just warn leggings and a tshirt, I forced myself to wear my outfit.  It felt good.  

Day 2 - Military Jacket + Long Sleeved Tee + Plaid Scarf + Black Jeans + Riding Boots
 
I seriously hate my new work bathroom mirror.  Arghhhh
This is a prime example of an outfit I may not have put together without Alison's help. I have to make work substitutions, so skipped the jeans in lieu of leggings and a long shirt. I bought this scarf at Aldo recently after regretting not buying it in Edmonton when Deena did. I also bought a second one that I gave to my Mom, who is also participating in the challenge.
 
Look at my mom rockin' leather leggings!  Lookin' good!
 
So there you have it, the first 2 days of the challenge.  Don't forget to check out the other ladies to see how they are interpreting the challenge outfits!

14 comments:

Shaunacey Bonneville said...

I LOVE that scarf!! might need to purchase!
I also love that you've got your mom on board!!

Beth said...

Love that scarf! And go you with the leather leggings!!

Sheila DelCharco said...

It *is* so addicting, isn't it!? Agreeing with the others...the scarf is adorable!

Carrie said...

your striped shirt is so cute!

Carrie said...

your striped shirt is so cute!

Daily Style Finds said...

Great looks! Love the plaid scarf. I saw it on Deena's blog, too - I may need to get it. This is my first challenge - getting the hang of it - and it enjoying it so far!

Lisa @ Daily Style Finds

Joy C. said...

Great outfits! The accessories that you found for the challenge are wonderful. You definitely put together fabulous outfits for the challenge so far!

Deena @Shoes to Shiraz said...

you are so perfect in everything!

Anonymous said...

You look great! I love your tunic with the plaid scarf! And go mom with the leather leggings!!

Anna said...

I love those leather leggings!

Lana said...

You look so pretty - I especially love the second outfit. Your mom looks amazing - go mom!

Unknown said...

Love your pendant and ankle boots. I am really not sure if I like mine. They are quite dark. I like the contrast of your light ones!

Katie {The Mishaps and Mayhem of a Solitary Life} said...

Love that scarf!!! And YAY for moms in leggings!! Both you ladies look fab!!

Leslie Roberts Clingan said...

Love that you are doing this with your mom. I am a mom doing the challenge with my daughters. Make it even more fun. You both look terrific!