Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Style Perspectives 9: Plaid

This week the style prompt for the style series is plaid.  I struggled with this one for spring.  All my plaid comes in the form of big warm scarves.  While I hope to NOT have to wear one of these until the fall, Mother Nature let us down this past weekend.  On the bright side, it meant I got to pull out one of my blanket scarves purchases from late in the season.


I'm going to let you in on a little secret, I cut my blanket scarf in half.  The first time I wore it I had to take it off I was so hot.  So I decided to cut it and reduce the bulk and hopefully the heat factor as well. I really had nothing to lose since I couldn't wear it again at its current thickness, it was just too much scarf.  The bonus was I got to gift the other half to a friend.  Win-Win.

This particular day I was headed to spring soccer and the forecast was calling for rain, hence the rain boots.  I picked up a new rain jacket on clearance at the end of last season and I couldn't wait to pull it out to head to the soccer field. And wouldn't you know it, it is plaid.  Or close enough.


.How do you think I felt about wearing my rain jacket, rain boots, scarf and tuque to soccer in late April.  This picture sums it up.


At least I had hot chocolate to make the hour more bearable.  Thankfully, we know a few families that have soccer at the same time so we chatted, did a few laps around the field to warm up and get our steps in while the older kids played soccer on the side.  All in all it was a good start to the soccer season despite the wet weather.  It can only get better from here, right?

Now, let's take a look the ladies at the blended blog and what their graphic tee says about them.  I must say this was one of my favorite weeks with so much variation!



Next week we are wearing leggings.  Start thinking about what YOU will wear!


ONCE UPON A TIME & HAPPILY EVER AFTER : Library-Lovin’-Lady
DAILY STYLE FINDS: The Personal Stylist
FOXY’S DOMESTIC SIDE: The Crafty Engineer
SIMPLY SHAUNACEY: Reformed Frumpy Mommy
TWO TEENS AND THEIR MAMA: Stylish Midlife Mama
RSQUARED: The Not So Nerdy Accountant
SHOES TO SHIRAZ: The Shoe Hoarding French Teacher
PUPPIES AND PRETTIES: Cube Dwelling Fashionista
MISHAPS AND MAYHEM OF SOLITARY LIFE: Single Girl, Simple Style
A LOVELY LITTLE WARDROBE: A Casual Petite
MAKING THE MOST OF EVERYDAY Classic Yet Current Over Forty
NICKANDNIK: Mama with Curves
LIVING ON CLOUD NINE: Blissful Fashionista
WHITNEY À LA MODE: A book-loving French Teacher

An InLinkz Link-up


No comments: