So today, on my last day of vacation I am linking up with Dee to review the final month of 2016 in numbers.
We went to the Flames skill competition with 6 of the kids friends. We thought it started at 11 am and it actually started at 1:30. oops. The good news is we got great seats. For a bunch of hockey loving boys they got to see all their favorite flames up close and personal without helmets. It was pretty exciting even for the adults!
We attended my Christmas party for the 2nd year in a row. We took almost 10 photo booth photos but the one with James is always my favorite. While it looks like I am wearing contacts, I opted to just not wear my glasses. I have a -1.75 in one eye and lower in the other. My astigmatism prevents me from wearing contacts comfortably. I like the way I look without glasses, I wish I could do it more often.
The kids played in 2 hockey tournaments hosted by their respective teams, on the same weekend. That meant 7 games, lots of driving and even more cheering. In one of those games Grady got the hard hat for hardest working player. He was playing defence (his not so favorite position) and had a great game. So proud of my hockey players!
The same weekend that the kids had all the hockey, we also had tickets to stage west to see Twas the night before Christmas. We all went in feeling like the Grinch. Grady had to miss a game to go and we were already losing as we walked through the doors. There was a great Christmas brunch where the kids at 32 pieces of bacon. I on the the other hand enjoyed 3 cups of coffee! The show was absolutely phenomenal. I could probably list 47 reasons why this show was worth seeing. My favorite part of the show was when Santa puts on his headphones and starts dancing to shake it off while he delivers presents. My kids are still singing run run Rudolph. You can bet I will try and make it back next year!

My favorite thing about the Christmas season is Christmas cards. I love going to the mail box and getting a card rather than a bill.... This year I ordered 70 cards and I was a touch short. Who knew I had so many friends. I also learned I need a new card holder. My current Pinterest homemade holder is too small. I must be making new friends :)
Back in October, my Mom texted me and asked if I thought Cooper would like a Hatchimal for his birthday. I said YES and that maybe she should get one for Grady as well and give them out for Christmas. In the end she bought 5 for all the grand kids! We opened ours 5 days early while my mom was still here so she could see how they worked. Cooper's started to hatch right away and Grady's needed a little spine adjustment to get it going.... They weren't as easy to operate as we thought they would be.
Cooper is not a morning person. He likes hockey, but not enough to get up at 6:41 and go to the rink. His brother on the other hand..... This particular day I woke him up and he didn't want to go. AT this point I was up, dressed, teeth brushed, and ready to go. If I was up, he was going to be to. I tried to enforce that when you are part of a team you have to go to the practices even when you don't want to. I dragged him to the rink and he refused to get on the ice. #fail
Mother nature threw us some very chilly weather in December. We are talking -30 with wind chill or colder. While this isn't unusual weather for Calgary, it lasted for 2 weeks which is VERY unusual. It was the longest cold snap in something like 20 years. At least one of my kids was willing to dress for the weather. Cooper compromised and agreed to zip his jacket up.... Oy.
Thankfully the weather let up just in time for our 1st family ski trip. We headed to Panarama with 9 other friends and hit the slopes for 2 days and 3 nights. We had so much fun we hope to do it again next year!
Finally, we rung in 2017 with our 5 friends who happen to live across the street. The kids made it up to 12am for the first time ever and we quickly left right after the champagne was consumed. A great start to the new year!
December was a wonderful month full of family, friends, sledding, skating, and hot chocolate. It will be a hard month to beat. Back to work tomorrow....









No comments:
Post a Comment