Friday, January 13, 2017

five on friday

{one} Esso Minor Hockey week is under full swing this. It is a week long tournament that every hockey team in Novice and up takes part in.  It is a traditional bracket layout rather than round robin so after the first game when you lose you are out.  Grady's team is off to the finals tomorrow which I was super excited about until I learned that he was going to be the goalie.  Grady is tickled pink but I think I will be stressing until the moment the game ends.  We will likely be playing the other team in our association which we know is just as good as us, but hopefully not better.  The game could go either way.  Wish us luck... Go Wolves!


{two} During the week we made a trip across town to see some of Grady's friends play one of their Esso tournament games and in return the 2 friends came to watch Grady's game a few days later. I feel so fortunate to be surrounded by other parents that support our child. Grady has made some excellent friendships that I hope will last through out school and beyond.  Heck, I met my BFF on the first day of Kindergarten  and I still like her most of the time!

{three} After 5 weeks of having no regular child care, Jasmin is finally back from the Philippines and our lives return to normal.  We couldn't have gotten through it without the help of so many people.  My Mom, James' Mom, and our friends got us through the 5 weeks with little hassle.  This last week proved to be the most difficult with James' work hours changing and it didn't allow him to take the kids to school.  So... we ended up dropping our kids with the nanny across the street every single morning for a week. Cooper even got to have a 5 hour play date with his little buddy while I was at work.  These are the same friends that came to support Grady. Like I said we really are lucky.  I actually think the kids miss their morning play dates.  James and I not so much!

{four} We have been experiencing a bout of Winter here in the prairies.  While we aren't as cold as our neighbors to the east, it is still cold with wind chills in the -30s.  We are looking forward to a milder weekend as the Chinook rolls in.  I am registered for a Lagree class on Saturday that I hope to run to and from on Saturday morning before the game.   Fingers crossed that the forecast stays the same and brings us some warmer temps.

{five}  Have I mentioned that my current show of choice on Netflix is The Good Wife?  I like it, but I wouldn't say I love it.  Which is a good thing.  Once I become addicted to a show that is all I want to do. I watch on average one a day after the kids go to bed or while I run on the treadmill and that is more than enough without overtaking my life!

Have a great weekend and cross your fingers for a win this weekend for Grady's hockey team!

No comments: