Friday, January 27, 2017

five on friday

{one} I have been using Rodan + Fields skin products for just about 2 months and I love them.  I went from being a gal that used one facial wipe gal a day to take my makeup off and now I am using the Reverse regimen (a 4 step process!) 2 times a day.  I already purchased the Redefine regimen to use when I run out of Reverse.   The Reverse works on brown spots while the Redefine works on fines lines and pores.  I need work in both departments....  I finally decided that it is time to take charge of my skin and make changes that will hopefully keep my skin looking young longer.  That is the plan anyhow.


{two} My dental hygienist has been recommending a water pick for my teeth for years.  I always tell him that I won't use it.  What is that point of pretending that I had any intention of using one.  Then he started talking about gum recession blah blah blah and I remembered I am not a spring chicken anymore and along with my skin, I should be taking better care of my teeth.  I've been using it daily for about 6 weeks and it isn't so bad.  I've almost mastered not spraying the mirror with water.  Almost. It only take 45 seconds and hopefully they'll see a big improvement with my gums at my next appointment.



{three} Also on the recommendation of my hygienist, I bought the Aria Fitbit scale.  When my mom stayed here in December she complained that my scale was terrible.  I can understand that since I used it while I was losing weight almost 20 years ago.  It was time to be replaced.  I had always been nervous to replace my scale because it may tell me I weighted 5 pounds more than the old one.  Or on the brighter side it may tell me that I lost a few pounds.  It sounds ridiculous, I know, but it is the truth, ha!  Wouldn't you know it, the new scale told me the same weight as the old one.  I love that it also gives you your body fat %.  I know it probably isn't that precise, but I like having an idea.   And if you ever decide to weigh yourself at my house, you should know that it automatically sends an update to my phone....


{four} The temperature in my office is out of control.  Some days, like yesterday, I came into my office and could hear the cold air blowing out of the vent before I walked in.  Some afternoons, the sun is shining so bright in my office that I wish I could downgrade to shorts and a tee.  I just can't win.  This winter, the cold draft blowing down is enough to drive me mad... or drive me to go online to purchase a blanket scarf you can use to warm yourself up when your office is like an ice cube.  Can't wait for it to arrive.


{five}  Anyone else excited to have Grey's and Scandal back with new episodes???  I haven't watched them yet but I guarantee that it is my top priority for tonight!  I can't even remember what happened on either show as Scandal hasn't been on since May.  I can barely remember what I ate for lunch yesterday let alone on a show that I last watched 8 months ago!  Does anyone else hate how the recaps at the beginning are too short?  Why can't they show us more than 30 seconds of the last episode so I don't spend the next 30 minutes googling what I forgot....

Have a great weekend!

No comments: