I'm linking up with the blended blog today for the weekly style link up.
I know I talked about my not enjoying fashion posts lately, and after I put it out there, I figured I would force myself to just try one again. With the bad iPhone photos and all.
Last Friday my friend was celebrating her birthday and booked a few tables at a local pub. Can I admit that I don't know what to wear out to a bar? I have my casual wear, my work wear, and my active wear, but my wardrobe seems to be lacking bar wear. Here is what I wore:
I know I talked about my not enjoying fashion posts lately, and after I put it out there, I figured I would force myself to just try one again. With the bad iPhone photos and all.
Last Friday my friend was celebrating her birthday and booked a few tables at a local pub. Can I admit that I don't know what to wear out to a bar? I have my casual wear, my work wear, and my active wear, but my wardrobe seems to be lacking bar wear. Here is what I wore:
This is the perfect example of my terrible iPhone photos. This one is courtesy of my 5 year old son. If I ask James to take the photo he may take a better photo but I would have to call him 10 times and wait 30 minutes. While Coopers photos may be slightly blurry, he comes immediately when I ask. I pull out a chair so that he is at my level and he takes a photo. So despite it not being perfect, it is better than the alternative!
Let's take a closer look...
Let's start with the lipstick, I'm wearing the Gorg Kylie lipstick. I haven't worn it many times since it isn't really work appropriate. I loved it. Dare I also admit that I did NOT take my makeup off at the end of the night since I had a few too many beer and just slid into bed? When I woke up in the morning... the lipstick was still on in full force. Gotta love Kylie's staying power!
I love this sweater from Aritzia, it has huge slits up the side that adds a little bit of flare to an otherwise ordinary black sweater. The one thing that I struggle with is the lack of jewellery. The cowl neck makes it difficult to wear a necklace. I am such an accessory gal that with a lack of necklace I have to wear giant earrings that happened to be covered by my hair.
Let's also talk about the jeans. I am loving lighter colored jeans. They feel springy to me and trust me, I am ready for spring. These particular AG jeans that I scored on sale on Black Friday are also high waisted.
I used to think that high waited jeans were equivalent to 'mom jeans' but I can't believe how wrong I was. They hold everything in, are super comfy, and don't show your underwear when you bend over. #classyjeans. The problem is, I can't wear them to work since they have a full whole in the knee. I'd also like to add that as a short person, finding a pair of jeans where the hole is actually at our knee is difficult. #shortpersonproblem.
Moving on to the shoes....
I love these booties. I scored them on super sale and love the Sam Edelman animal print. I do wear them to work, but they are bold. When you work in a corporate environment where your superiors where full suits in black or grey, my animal print heels are considered out there. I'll take any opportunity to wear them and a night on the town seemed perfect.
For a gal that is rusty in the pub wear department, I think I nailed it! HA!






No comments:
Post a Comment