Yesterday I told you about how we decorated our Christmas tree and today we talk about what we put on the tree. Each year I buy the kids a Christmas ornament for the tree that represents what they were into this year and write the year on the back. This year was the year of the Beanie Boo. These technically aren't ornaments but clips that most kids would put on their bags, but the clip can easily be hung on the branch of a tree. So.... Jingly has officially been added to the tree
Along with his friend Earmuff.
This homemade Santa ornament with Grady's face arrived home from school last Christmas and I was thrilled to see it on the tree this year.
This one we bought in Maui before our first ever whale watching trip in March. We have many ornaments purchased in Maui over the years.
This in one of many photo ornaments we have of Cooper. They made one each year at preschool and this was our third and final snowflake.
I just love this tradition of filling our tree with ornaments that have memories. I hope that the boys (all 3 of them!) will continue to help me decorate for years to come. After all, we still go over to James' mom to decorate her tree and James is almost 40! I can dream can't I....
No comments:
Post a Comment