Monday, December 5, 2016

November in Numbers

The first Monday of the month means it is time to review the month in numbers.  Again.  Already.

All 4 of us got the flu over the course of 5 days.  The kids threw up every 20 minutes for a solid 8 hours then spent the next day or 2 recovering. James and I were lucky to not have it that bad but we still visited the toilet more times then I care to mention.


Ironically, both kids got sick after a hockey game.  Cooper after the flames game and Grady after the first time to played in net for the season.  He had about 10 shots on net and let 1 in.  He had some great saves and the won the game 4-1.  James thinks Grady has had the hardest game in net so far this year.

Grady entered his 1st coloring contest through James work.  It was open to all relatives of employee and consultants and grouped into 4 different age categories.   The winner of each category wins $100 cash and everyone who enters gets a movie pass.  I think Grady did a great job and he took the entry very seriously.  He erased and re-did the Santa so many times that the paper started to tear.


Cooper's timbit team skated at the Saddledome during the flames intermission!  There were 14 out of 16 players that came to skate at 8:45 pm in front of over 15,000 fans.  Such a great experience for the kids and the parents.


My friend Carmen sent me this beautiful, soft, cozy, and warm scarf.  Every time I wear it I get at least 3 compliments. I am so lucky to have such talented friends!


I am officially registered for my first half marathon in August 2017. I will be running the 21 km with 2 other moms that I have met through the kids.  Since it is in Vancouver we will be making a weekend of it!


I binged all 4 episodes (360 minutes) of the Gilmore Girls revival over a 3 day period.  Without saying too much... I love how they incorporated all the characters and even some from parenthood.  I think Lorelei was spot on and I loved Emily's story following Richard's death.  While I found the first 3 episodes to be only so-so, the 4th episode made it all worth while and in the end I felt satisfied and can say that I enjoyed the 8th and final season of the show.


Speaking of TV, I am finally caught up on This is Us after watching the first 6 episodes (252 minutes) over one weekend.  I just like binge watching, what can I say.   Now I have to watch 1 episode a week like the rest of the world.  I like the show. There has never been a show set up quite the same alternating between past and present. At times, I find it a bit confusing but overall I am enjoying. Plus, Jes from Gilmore Girls is in it.  #teamjes.


I've also started my new binge show, The Good wife.  I am only on episode 13 and think it is a keeper.  I am not crazy addicted yet and that is OK, I have lots of Christmas prep work and a few books to read.  Crazy addicted will come I am sure....


I did the schedule for an 18 team hockey tournament which probably took over 10 hours to perfect.  Another mom and I tackled it both together and separately.  It is amazing how changing game can alter the entire schedule.  Good thing I am good at excel.  This is something I plan to never do again. Ever.


I enjoyed my first of many Candy Cane Lattes from Second Cup.  They took the latte off the menu but kept the hot chocolate although I've learned that they will make it for you. My favorite latte ever.


We celebrated Cooper's 6th birthday by going to Montana's so Cooper could wear the infamous horn hat.  They must be low budget at our location as they only have this crappy paper version.  Boo.  Cooper was less than impressed.  They didn't even sing to him since we had to jet out of there to make it to swimming lessons.  A very underwhelming experience.


For Cooper's party, we hosted 3 girls and 16 boys at the local rec center where they played many games and came out sweaty and hungry.


Grady's hockey team got to meet the 1 and only Farley the Fox at the hitmen game.  One of the coaches got us a box so the kids could all watch together. Great bonding for the kids.  I should have stayed home. Only 2 moms went along with 10 players and about 6 dads.  Too much testosterone for me.  This was also the night Gilmore Girls was released and my time would have been better spent with Netflix.

Grady is on the far left with the hat

I finally found a floral bomber I loved from Simons. I ordered it in a small and wasn't sure if it was the right size, so I ordered what I thought was an xsmall and a small arrived again. I ordered it a 3rd time and am hoping that the xsmall arrives this time.  3 times a charm right?  It was one of many purchased I made on Black Friday.


It was a busy month, but hang on tight, because December is already taking us by storm!  Head over to Dee's Blog to see what others were up to this month!

No comments: