{one} The kids are done school today. It seems early. It is more than a week until Christmas, how are we going to keep the kids minds off Santa for 8 whole days? Today is also my last day of work until 2017!
{two} We have no child care for 5 weeks and the grandparents have been great at picking up the slack while Jasmin is away. However, with no school next week and it being the week before Christmas, we decided to take the week off and go on our first ever family ski trip. Yikes. I think that it is important for our kids to know how to ski since we live so close the mountains. With that being said, neither of them is looking forward to it. To make it more fun, we invited 2 other families to join us. They get to ski with their friends and I get to drink baileys in the hot tub with mine. Win-win, right?
{three} I am still struggling with getting in the Christmas spirit this year. I'm going through all the motions of decorating and wrapping presents. I am even listening to Christmas music right now.... not sure what it is about this year that has every thing feeling more like work than fun.
{four} I took on too much this year. I said it last year to and swore that I wouldn't do it again this year, and alas, I did. Being room parent and hosting 2 tournaments in December has proved to be overwhelming and lots of extra work in an already busy month. I made James promise me that he will not let me sign up to be room parent again next year. It always feels like the right thing to do and at this time of year I start to regret it.....
{five} I will be on a blogging break next week while enjoy the mountain air and hopefully a few ski runs. I may or may not be back blogging before Christmas. I am giving myself time to recoup from a busy month and enjoy time with my family and I hope you find some time to do the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment