I am the first to admit that I am not a makeup gal, I do my best, but I don't have the patience to perfect the smoky eye or get the precise cat eye. What I do love is lipstick.
My friend Gina introduced me to Kylie Cosmetics about a year ago. A random email asking if I was interested in ordering a lip kit led to a year long obsession. Before this, I was strictly a Nars girl so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try something different. Besides, they were selling out like crazy so they must be decent, right?
They are more than decent. They are the most long lasting, great feeling lipstick I've ever worn. Some may argue that they are drying, but I like that they aren't sticky. They feel like I am not wearing anything. They don't stick to my teeth, my cup, or little bitty cheeks.
Let's quickly talk about the kit. You can buy singles, but I prefer to buy the kit in its entirety which includes a lipstick and a liner. Before the kits I never wore a liner but since these lipsticks go on liquid, it helps it stay in place. I personally think it helps with the staying power as well. I line and fill the entire lip.
While some people won't leave the house without their mascara, I don't leave my house without lipstick. Ever.
So when Gina and I did our first order I decided to order 2. It was flat rate shipping so in my accountant brain it was a better deal to order 2 than only 1. I went for a pink and a brown.
Enter Candy K and Dolce K.
![]() |
| Left to Right: Dolce K and Candy K |
Next up I ordered Exposed and Heir (Metal).
Personally I don't like Exposed on its own. It is too close to my lip color. I happened to order Heir which is kind of like a sparkly thick gloss, or that is the best way I can think to explain it. It adds just enough sparkle to contrast my lip color and it has quickly become my go to neutral for the early mornings at the rink. Yes, I ever wear lipstick to the hockey rink.
Next up we have Kristen. It is a dark shade of pink and apparently their best selling color. On this particular day I decided to show you the staying power of the lip kit.
The top photo is first thing in the morning, the second is after breakfast and a workout, and the third is when I was leaving work 10 hours later.
Meet Gina, the one that started the obsession. Here we both are wearing the perfect pink, Posie.
Same color, but looks different on us both. I must admit that this is one of the challenges of ordering lipstick online, you don't get a chance to actually see the color in real life. It looks different on each person. Which can be a good thing for your friends if they look good in a color you don't! Right Gina?
This is love bite, aka my Vampire lipstick.
I wore this color for family photos and when I came down ready to go Grady asked me why I was wearing vampire lipstick. Ha! I think because it is a deep purple. It is the one I feel the most self conscious in but I still wear it to work, so it can't be that bad. HA!
This is not a sponsored post, I just genuinely love all TEN of my colors. I chose not to show them all today because in taking the pictures I realized that I take a terrible selfie and that the pictures don't really do the lipstick justice. The best way to see if you like Kylie's lip kit is to buy one and try it. I can almost guarantee that you won't be disappointed!
Now that I am done my infomercial, head on over to Dee's blog where I am certain she will be telling you how much she loves hers and showing you how some of these colors look on her.






No comments:
Post a Comment