Welcome to The Blended Blog's blog hop where we are talking about transitioning summer items into fall. If you guys are stopping by from Joy or Nicole, welcome! If this is your first stop, be sure to hop on over to their blogs where Joy is talking about general fall transition and Nicole is talking about grey t shirts.
Today, I am going to be talking about bringing a white dress into fall. Back in the day, you weren't supposed to wear white after labor day weekend, but these days, people are breaking that rule all the time. White is great color to bring into your fall wardrobe by just adding a few things to 'winterize' it. Trust me, being a Canadian, I have lots of experience with winter. And snow.
A few weeks back I was on a girls trip and looking for a cobalt dress for my family photos. You see, my husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary this month so we turned our yearly family shoot into a bit of a celebration as well and booked the venue we had our reception at to have our photos taken. Our wedding color was
I was on a mission.
Then, I found this dress at H&M for $10 and I scooped it up.
I loved that it was a white background (like a wedding dress) and incorporated our wedding color. Sold! You can also see in the above photo I have styled it for summer with just a necklace and bare legs. Now the trick was to take this summery dress into fall. Let's take a look at how I did it.
Add tights. Tights automatically make us think of winter. So cover up those legs! It is hard to tell, but there are traces of black in the dress so black tights it was!
Then, adding a boot or bootie, instead of a sandal, will add that element of warmth to your dress.
It is really hard to see the detail in this photo, but I didn't like the detail of the booties with this dress so I went with the simpler riding boot.
My favorite thing about fall is layering. Layer, layer, layer. I tried it with a blue blazer and a grey sweater.
I decided to go with the blue blazer to emphasize the blue in the dress. Although I must admit that I like the grey as well.
Next up is the scarf. Every fall outfit needs a scarf, non? Not to mention that our pictures have been freezing cold every year and there is no way I could survive without one. Here are the options.
I really thought I was going to like white the best, but the ivory didn't match the white and I just didn't like it, When the white didn't work, I tried the black, not expecting to like it and it turned out I liked it best. It ties together with the black tights and boots just perfectly. I tried the grey on just in case we have a nice day, but right now, I am leaning towards black.
Here is the final transition.
Let's break it down. In order to bring a dress from summer to fall you should do the following:\\
1. Add tights and boots or booties
2. Top with a blazer or sweater
3. Finish with your favorite scarf.
And voila - a perfect fall outfit using a white (or any) dress.
If this is your first stop, don't forget to check out what Joy and Nicole are transitioning over on their blogs. Also, the blog hop continues next Monday where Lisa, Karen and Carrie will be telling you how to transition 3 different items.






No comments:
Post a Comment