Friday, September 4, 2015

five on friday... hockey edition

1.  On the first day of school, Grady also had his first hockey evaluation.  He knew a few kids out on the ice which I think helped his nervousness.  Grady is famous for being a lazy skater and then giving it his all in games. Like his uncle James apparently.  We didn't want to make him more nervous than he was but we also wanted him to skate his hardest.  There is a fine line.

2.  After one of the drills I gave Grady 2 thumbs up and James called me a hockey mom.  Is that a bad thing?

3.  We will be spending the weekend at the rink.  We willingly signed him up for a 3 on 3 hockey tourney so he could play with his friends.  The tournament took friend requests which is unheard of in hockey so we jumped on board.  The boys are thrilled to play on the same team as it may never happen again.

4.  Cooper starts his hockey camp on Monday.  Five days of getting him to the rink ready to skate by 4:30.  Could be an interesting week.

5.  While sitting at the rink on Tuesday I was reminded how much I love the social aspect of it.  I saw several parents I knew that were coming and going and it was great to catch up.  The sense of community is what I love the most about sports of any kid really.

Have a great long weekend!

2 comments:

Baby Nicholas said...

From Nicholas' Mom: Crazy…the hockey season has begun - evaluations, hockey games and socialization for mom and dad!

Shaunacey Bonneville said...

hockey already!! wow
Mr. B was a crazy hockey player growing up and was quite good until he got in an accident and hurt his knee bad. I suspect little man is destined to play... there go my weekends for the rest of life.