Friday, June 17, 2016

five on friday

{one}While I was away with my friends the other weekend, they were all super excited to see a pop up Hillberg and Berk store in the mall.  I had never heard of them.  It is a little jewelry boutique that started in Regina and has gained popularity over the years, including with the queen and several other celebrities.  You can read a bit about the company here.  The girls surprised me with a pair of sparkly earrings in none other than Christy blue as a very early birthday present.  I love how when I wear them I think of our weekend away.  Best. Friends. Ever.


{two}  Since we are talking about jewelry.... my ear climbers were delivered this week.  I love them!


{three}  I am happy to report that over 2 months have passed since I decided to start painting my nails regularly and I am still keeping up with it!  My favorite polish is the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel.  I like the colors, the wide brush, and the thick polish.  You can buy it at most drugstores for $10 each.  I recently treated myself to 3 at the grocery store.  It's the going rate for grocery shopping at our house. #don't tell James


{four} I had a bit of a pant saga while in Edmonton shopping.  You see, I have these Allant pants from Aritzia in black and I just love the fit.  I wanted a second pair that was similar and tried 2 pairs that both got returned on the trip.  One pair was too light and showed too much and the other pair I decided was to expensive with hemming. Then I found the dexter pant.  You see, apparently Aritzia really likes black and beige during the summer as that was the only color I could find in Edmonton.  The dexter pant was available in this powder blue in the Calgary store.  We all know my love affair with blue....

Bathroom lighting sucks
Because you can't really see the pant in the photo of me, I included the pant of the model in the beige pair so you can see how they fit baggy.  They also have pockets and an elastic waist.  Score!  I took the tags off so these are keepers!

{five}  I really don't have a #5 this week but I'll give you a little sneak peak of what I'll be doing tonight.


I hope your Friday is as wild as mine.  Have a good one!

No comments: