We had 12 soccer sessions this month. Grady plays 2 times a week and Cooper once. Although Grady's team is in the rec league, they are pretty competitive and are beating the other teams 5-0 or more. The kids love winning, but I hate to see the other teams lose so badly. There are 8 kids on our team and we have the pleasure of knowing 3 of the families. I've really enjoyed the chat time twice a week. Even if it is raining....
James and I are keeping up with our spinning and managed to go once a week all month, so 4 in total. James sneaks in a extra one on Saturday mornings before soccer sometimes. But truthfully, I'd rather lounge in my PJs then sweat it out first thing. What I do miss is going to Barre. Through the winter I went on average once a week and right now I can't remember the last time I went. I will make it my goal to go at least once in June.
I've started going to the chiropractor this month. In total I've seen him 10 times. In April I was having lunch with Deena and Shaunacey and I turned my head and it just started to hurt. When it didn't go away 10 days later I booked a physio appointment. People kept telling me to try chiro. I was so certain that it was muscular just based on how it felt and I was hesitant but I finally made an appointment with a doc that everyone at the office uses. Apparently office workers need chiro. So it turns out that my hips were out of alignment along with my back. He straightened me up and now I don't get knee pain when I run. While I still believe that there is a place for physio, I'd been going for years and the progress I made after a few chiro appointments blew my mind.
Over the long weekend we purchased 3 Nerf guns and 75 bullets over 2 separate trips to Walmart. Each of the kids gave me $5 towards the $25 bullet replacement pack. They wanted them that bad. I agreed to it since I actually enjoy playing army. But I scream like a girl when I get hit.
We made one trip to Costco. Our cart was only half full since it was an unplanned trip and it still cost me over $250! What is it about Costco that makes us spend money??
I purchased one pair of sunglasses from Clearly.ca I thought these were black, but it turns out they are dark purple. I am anxiously awaiting their arrival. The ocean ate my expensive pair in Maui so I wanted to make sure I have a cheap ocean pair for the future. These prescription sunnies came in at under $200, which is really a steal.
Now let's take a look at my activity levels... I am down 2% in steps over April. My average daily steps was 12,700 in May with my highest step day being 22,611, the day I ran my race. That may be my highest step day ever. I should have been prepared for this decrease. I got a parking spot closer to work and have lost 3000 steps a day due to the proximity of my spot to the office. Truthfully, I'm surprised it wasn't less.
Two boys had their hair cut on our deck by their dad. They really needed a cut and beaners is closed on Sunday - who knew? He bribed them with a play date if they cut their hair. He actually did a pretty good job of it to! Maybe a second career for James? Dad's Barber Shop?
I received 12 pretty tulips for Mother's Day. In true James fashion, he let me choose them when we were at Safeway getting groceries so that he didn't have to come back. It's the thought that counts, right? Truthfully, I loved picking them myself. James usually defaults to roses. I love tulips for spring. Although I would say that my all time fave flower is the tiger lilly. We had them growing in the yard in my childhood home and they somehow always make me think of home. They were also in my wedding bouquet.
There are 22 snap chat screen shots of me and the kids this month. There are many of me as I email them to Cooper.
Since Grady got his email address a few weeks back, Cooper decided he wanted one as well. So we created him a gmail account. Cooper can't read or write so he is learning to recognize names or at least they letter they start with so he can figure out who sent him emails. He likes to send emails with at least 25 emoticons per message, usually with no words. So I send him back snap chat photos of myself. He just laughs and laughs. He loves getting email.
After 3 years in preschool, we got Cooper's acceptance letter to the big kid school Grady goes to. Next week we have a Kindergarten orientation with 60 other kinder kids and their parents. I am so so excited for Cooper. He has been waiting all year for this and he is almost there.
We attended our 4th carnival at the school and for the 3rd year in a row it has rained on carnival day. Boo! There are about 20 typical carnival games, 3 bouncy castles, 4 food trucks, and 1 gaming truck (that will be making an appearance at a certain 8 year olds birthday party in 2 weeks!). The kids had a blast while I held the prize tickets, the food, and the jackets. There is a reason I carry a huge purse!
That's it for this month! Happy Monday!








No comments:
Post a Comment