Wednesday, June 8, 2016

What's in my...... Handbag

Let's start with the basics.

I used to be a one bag kind of gal. I had one purse for 12 to 18 months and I only used that purse.  Then when it started to fall apart, I bought a new purse and carried it around all the time.  It had everything in it from my gift cards, to makeup, to garbage, or when my kids were young you may have found snacks or toys in it.  Then, my wallet got stolen out of my purse in my desk at work and a few years later, I forgot my purse in a cart and the whole thing got stolen.  So.... now I am selective about what I put in my bag.

Here is the bag I used this past weekend for shopping with my friends, hanging on the hotel door handle might I add.


This was a spur of the moment purchase one year that Dee and I went to Vancouver just the two of us.  We were walking through Holt and there was a sale so we both jumped on it. It may have been my first designer bag and the purchase didn't happen guilt free.

I love that is is Christy Blue. I love the size, not too big and not too small.  I love that it can be cross body or over the shoulder.

Anyhoo.... let's take a look at what is in the bag.


You may be surprised, given the size of the bag that I only have 3 items in it.

1. A wallet
2.  Keys
3. Sunglasses

That is it, that is all.

I only carry around exactly what I need and it makes it easy to transfer from bag to bag, because now I have more than one.  Each time I purse change I get rid of the garbage that I have accumulated while wearing it and start fresh with my three items again.

You may wonder where my purse goes?  It goes in my jacket pocket.  If I don't have a pocket, then it goes in my bag. 

What do you keep in YOUR purse?

No comments: