Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Style perspectives 13: My Go-To Summer dress

Welcome back to the final post in the style perspective series hosted by TBB. Today Andrea has us all styling our go-to summer dress.  It was an easy pick.  This petite maxi dress is one of my faves.


You see, I am short. Under 5'2 to be exact, so finding a maxi dress that didn't drag on the ground and get dirty and gross was hard for me.  The first 2 I bought were from the kids section at Superstore, Yes, they were the right length, and yes they were cheap, but they were made for kids so even though 'the girls' are small, they didn't fit quite right in my child dress. Ha!

I was in Vegas and saw this dress and loved the print but felt like I didn't need another max dress.  In the end, I tried it on and I so thankful I decided to take it home with me.  It has been a staple in my summer wardrobe.

Being that I am always cold, I rarely style it on its own. I prefer to add another layer for warmth and just because I can.  Here are 3 different completer pieces you can add to change the look of the dress.


Personally, I like the vest look the best. Maybe it is because the vest is new.  And if you are joining for girls weekend this weekend, you will see this outfit on Saturday night!

Notice the cinching in pic 1 and 2.  While my dress is the right length for wedges, I don't like it to drag on the ground when I wear flats, enter the hair tie.  I flip the dress over, grab a bunch of material and put a hair tie around it.  Voila, no more dragging.



Last week the ladies at TBB styled nautical navy. Some of them knocked it out of the park!  Love seeing the same look interpreted so differently, it is what makes our group unique.


Check out what the other ladies are wearing this week, I guarantee they will all come up with something different than me but perfect for them!


ONCE UPON A TIME & HAPPILY EVER AFTER : Library-Lovin’-Lady
DAILY STYLE FINDS: The Personal Stylist
FOXY’S DOMESTIC SIDE: The Crafty Engineer
SIMPLY SHAUNACEY: Reformed Frumpy Mommy
TWO TEENS AND THEIR MAMA: Stylish Midlife Mama
RSQUARED: The Not So Nerdy Accountant
SHOES TO SHIRAZ: The Shoe Hoarding French Teacher
PUPPIES AND PRETTIES: Cube Dwelling Fashionista
MISHAPS AND MAYHEM OF SOLITARY LIFE: Single Girl, Simple Style
A LOVELY LITTLE WARDROBE: A Casual Petite
MAKING THE MOST OF EVERYDAY Classic Yet Current Over Forty
NICKANDNIK: Mama with Curves
LIVING ON CLOUD NINE: Blissful Fashionista
WHITNEY À LA MODE: A book-loving French Teacher

While we are at it let's take a look at TBB's next style venture.  As I mentioned last week, we are taking over Carrie and Whitney's Create 28.  Every day of June one of the TBB bloggers will be featuring a summer look on their individual blogs and linking back on Wednesdays for a summary on TBB.  Here is the first week of looks, including Deena's look today! Notice you'll find my on June 7th, next Tuesday.  Stay tuned.....




No comments: