In November 2013 we dropped our barely 3 year old littlest boy off in Miss Marilyn's classroom for his first day of preschool. Now, 2.5 years later, he is a preschool graduate.
Mr. Cooper had the pleasure of spending 3 years in Miss Marilyn's class. We decided to wait until he was almost 6 to start Kindergarten, choosing for him to be the oldest instead of the youngest. Truthfully, this was one of the hardest decisions we've made to date in our parenting careers. This year has been a tough one. A year of making new friends, learning the same songs, and watching your friends go to Kinder without you.
As the year went on, Cooper make tons of new friends, played hockey with some of his old friends, and showed an eagerness to learn that I didn't expect. This kid can already add and subtract!! We watched him go from being a follower to a leader.
While we will never know if we made the right decision, I know that at this point I have no regrets. The year went fast and we have an almost 5.5 year old that is more than ready to go to the bid kid school.
I remember sitting at the graduation celebration last year knowing that he was not 'graduating' with his friends. What I didn't know was how fast this year would go. And how lucky for us that we got to see him graduate twice!
Without further a due, I introduce you A Child's Garden class of 2016!
![]() |
| Cooper is in front of the fire place in his black tie, that he wore willingly I might add |



No comments:
Post a Comment